Ithaca, NY: Travel Guide
Ithaca, NY is absolutely beautiful; or as they like to say gorges 😉 Nestled on the end of Cayuga (one of the finger lakes), the small town is home to some of the best restaurants, nature preserves, and schools in the country. In the past couple months they have held their annual Apple Fest with the best fresh apple vendors nearby, Porch Fest; a fun music festival where local bands play on their porches, and Oktoberfest; a fun celebration with beer and cider and yummy food! Below is a list of what should be your top destinations to visit in Ithaca!
For when you’re feeling hungry…
- Saigon Kitchen (the highest rated restaurant in Ithaca, and is amazing authentic Vietnamese food!)
- The Ale House
- Viva Taqueria (try the stuffed beef quesadilla from the self-serve part of the restaurant…you won’t be sorry)
- Waffle Frolic (For when you’re wanting something sweet)
- Collegetown Bagels (the best iced coffee)
- Maté Factor
For when you want to shop a bit…
- Definitely spend a lot of time in the Commons! Such a cute area to sit and relax!
- One World Market
- Mockingbird Paperie (an amazing selection of Rifle Paper Co! What’s not to love?!)
- Cinema (ok so not technically a store, but a super cute little movie theatre in an alley way in the commons!)
For when you want to get out and explore…
- Take a drive to Watkins Glen or any of the other beautiful state parks nearby!
- Go have fun on the lake! Kayak, sail, swim, you name it
- Take a drive up to Aurora, NY (about 45 min north) and go antique shopping
- Walk around Cornell and try their delicious home made ice cream
Have you ever been to Ithaca? What are your favorite spots?